Different types of beds are available in the market and although all beds do not feature headboard storage, they turn out to be very useful parts. A headboard does not only enhance appearance of a bed; you can also choose a headboard that provides for storage space.
Headboards are readily available in different styles and color that match any décor in any bedroom. The following are some of the most important factors you need to consider when choosing headboard storage.
Size of Storage Headboard
Headboards are traditionally constructed to match standard size of beds. As a general guide, a twin headboard measures 39 x 75 inches, a extra twin headboard 39 x 80 inches, a full headboard 54 x 75 inches, queen headboard 60 x 80 inches, king headboard 76 x 80 inches and California headboard 72 x 84 inches. It is very important that you choose the correct size of headboard that conforms to size of your bed.
Types to Try
There are different types of headboards depending on material used in their construction.
- Wooden type – Wooden headboards are some of the most popular headboards that you can find. They match perfectly well regardless of a bedroom’s décor. You have the option of choosing decorative wooden headboards or those that are constructed with pure wood without any decorations. There are also wooden headboards constructed using hardwoods of varied colors including dark brown and deep brown colors.
- Metallic type – Unlike wooden headboards, metallic headboards are available in different shapes and designs. You indeed have the option of buying antique or contemporary sub-type of metallic headboard. You also have the option of buying a metallic headboard with either golden or brass finish.
- Upholstered type – These turn out to be some of the most popular headboards available. It can be made of any material covered with thick yet comfortable upholstery.
Headboards are basically available in three different styles and choice of style depends on your personal preference and your bedroom’s overall décor.
- Attached headboard – This style of headboard is in most cases available with a bed. You literally buy a bed with an attached headboard, which makes it necessary to measure your bedroom before buying such a bed. A great benefit that an attached headboard provides is in keeping bed sheets and pillows in place.
- Wall-mounted headboard – Wall-mounted headboards are available as separate units. They are designed to be fixed on the wall near head of a bed. Wall-mounted headboards can be of any size since their design does not take into account standard bed sizes.
- Free-standing headboard – A free-standing headboard is designed to be a movable unit that can be transferred to another location within the bedroom or house as desired. It is designed with standard size of beds in mind.
It is very important that you choose a headboard storage that compliments the overall look and feel of your bedroom to make the room a comfortable, relaxing and attractive room to be in.